Re: [GTh] So, Ron, what Synoptic tool can we use to explore the Gospels?

  • Michael Mozina
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2002
      Someone butchered my last email before it got posted. Here was the MISSING
      PARAGRAPH from my last post to Jim.

      "I would say the difference between us here is that I don't see "satan" as
      an "external" *adversary*. I see "satan" as nothing more than our own ego,
      selfishness, pride and arrogance. I do not "externalize" the "adversary" as
      you do."

      Is it common practice around here to change the meaning of someone's post by
      editing out content?

      Michael Mozina
      Mt. Shasta, CA
      Ed note:
      Sorry, Michael. I should have rejected your note in its entirety. In looking over your note prior to approval, it seemed to me that you had rewritten the above paragraph with the paragraph that immediately followed it:

      > If you look at two interpetations with that understanding in mind, we
      > ultimately both agree the "powerful one" refers to "satan", it's just
      > that I don't externalize the notion of adversary here as you do

      I assumed that you had revised the deleted paragraph in order to eliminate
      the irrelevant material about how _you_ see Satan. Now I understand that you
      _don't_ see your own personal view of "Satan" as being irrelevant to the
      interpretation of this parable. That's even worse.

      M. Grondin