Five, Two and One: that is fascinating Randall

  • goshenzoan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
      You know, I've read books about the Naasenes and I've studied
      Gnosticism in many lights, but never have I seen those subtexts.
      Could you refer me to books which have been written concerning these
      concepts? If not, then Randall, you SHOULD write a book about this!!

      Have you ever studied Barbara Thiering's approach to the Pesher and
      its "subtext of time and dates" in the Gospels? If not, I think the
      Pesher techniques would be a wonderful addition to this "Gnostic
      math" you've stumbled upon.

      This is a good group. I can't wait to see what else we'll study.

      James M. Rogers
      goshenzoan@...
    • docgroove1017
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2002
        James,
        I have written a book,of sorts. It is available free in the other
        Gospel of Thomas/Yahoo discussion group's "Files" section.
        Yes, I have Barbara Thiering's book, _Jesus and the Riddle of the
        Dead Sea Scrolls_ a bit far out, but who knows?
        Randall E. Wilson