[gthomas] Good enforcer Mike, every game has its tough guy enforcers.

  • anhang bill
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 1999
      >In private correspondence with Anhang Bill (I still don't know which is his
      >last name and which is his first),

      Are you, Mike Grondin, or Grondin Mike; sort of obvious, aint it??

      And had Paul not located the page quoted from, I would have gone back and
      followed thru the original Metacrawler search on the words Beaaatific
      Vision and posted it today. As for discounting it so vehemently; take not
      "Truth is relative, falsehood is absolute". A bad temper is a form of
      falsehood.

      The Beatific Vision, as it is a contemporary possibility and reality (in
      spite of official clerical disdain--not 100%, ) is relevent insofar as it
      is the option juxtaposed to examining bits and pieces of texts of
      forever dubvious origin, significance, value and whatever, whic are
      certainly not superior to personal, contemporary encounters by experiencial
      claimants to religious reality. Check out Spinoza, Jaques Maritain and
      muchos otros. Or waste your time splitting hairs.

      My English is adequate, and for those requesting it (not to be web posted
      or otherwise published I will email one particular Beatific Vision
      account plus Jesus speaking multilingually, as indeed Generic Jesus (the
      primal identity of us all) is indeed able to play its own game, conferring
      on us the ability to play our own scholarship and other infinite scripts.

      And remember, dear Grondin, Mike, this Thomas list allows for " A certain
      amount of general (non scholarly), discussion will be encouraged,
      particularly if this discussion sheds any light on the text of GThomas.

      Thanks Mike, I knew you d understand; and if you care to, I m at
      http://www.total.net/~bylsvill
      The site is not lup to date but aint so bad either . Try Kingdon of Gomday
      and Warp.

      And for believers and nons, it a great year:::::

      1999;;;;;;;1+9+9+9=28;;;;;2+8=10 denotes Yes and No as does 7 in the
      sense of 1+2+3+4+5+6+7=28;;;;;2+8=10 so now you know why 7 is the
      great number!!!!

      Lucky 10 to you all in the ring.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 1999
        Anhang Bill writes (in response to my confusion about his name):
        >Are you, Mike Grondin, or Grondin Mike; sort of obvious, aint it??

        Well, yes, it's obvious to me, but that's largely because 'Mike' (and
        'Bill') are familiar first-names in my cultural context, whereas 'Anhang'
        is not. I also understand that in some cultures it's traditional to give
        the last name first, so I didn't know whether to trust the order of names
        in your "from" line or not. The confusion could have been eliminated if you
        had signed your notes at the bottom, but you don't do that. I suppose I
        could have ignored the whole matter, but I like to clear up little
        mysteries like this as I go. Hope you don't mind - no insult intended.

        > A bad temper is a form of falsehood.

        The so-called "Sayings of Jesus" are an even worse falsehood. I do tend to
        get very angry when somebody (a person named 'Mike Rigby' in this case)
        plagiarizes other people's stuff, modifies it, and passes it off as
        original. Even worse, Rigby attributes it to the "Holy spirit". This is
        charlatanism pure and simple. I don't think it's possible to be too harsh
        with such a person. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, there's some rather harsh
        stuff in early Xian writings about those who "mislead the children", which
        is essentially what Rigby has done.

        As to the concept of "beatific vision", it has been said by others (and
        rightly so) that, although this may be one of many different concepts
        mentioned in early Xian writings, there's no indication that it plays any
        more of a major role in GThom than umpteen other religious concepts.
        Whether or not it plays a major role in your own personal life, or in the
        lives of others at the current time, is irrelevant to this list.

        >... for those requesting it ... I will email one particular Beatific Vision
        >account plus Jesus speaking multilingually, as indeed Generic Jesus (the
        >primal identity of us all) is indeed able to play its own game ...

        Thanks, Anhang, for giving a clear example of the kind of stuff that should
        NOT be on this list. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the above
        passage. Making fun of it would be just too easy - I think I'll just let it
        speak for itself.

        >And remember, dear Grondin, Mike, this Thomas list allows for "A certain
        >amount of general (non scholarly), discussion will be encouraged,
        >particularly if this discussion sheds any light on the text of GThomas.

        Indeed, I am aware of that section of our charter, which was, if I am not
        mistaken, intended to open a small pathway, not a 6-lane super-highway. Be
        that as it may, however, I fail to see wherein the concept of "beatific
        vision" sheds any particular light on GThom - with the possible exception
        of one saying. (If you can find that saying, Anhang, you will at least have
        made the start of a case.)

        As to me being an "enforcer", I don't think Paul will let me have that
        title formally. Besides, there are others on this list who are not about to
        let me or anyone else silence any viewpoint which they think is worthy of
        being heard. What's going on, IMO, is that several contributors are
        struggling with the idea that this is primarily a scholarly list, not a
        religious one. You don't have to be a scholar, but you should try to
        approach the subject in a scholarly way - which means that you treat the
        subject (in this case GThom) as an object of study, not as a religious
        inspiration in your own personal life. You can regard the thing as inspired
        on your own time, just not here on the list.

        With charity to all,
        Mike
        Resources for the Study of NH Codex2
        http://www.geocities.com/athens/9068