Re: Re: [GTh] pOxy Thom pics?

  • DaGoi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2002
      Thanks, Jack,

      I'd lost the link to that site, and was not aware that it had the pics (I
      crashed on the papyri selections frame-page, but I'll get to it).
      I had thought, in line w an old copy of NTApocrypha (H-S), that these all
      were from about 200.
      This is great. Thanks again for the link.

      Bill Foley

      <<...

      The POxy fragments of Thomas represent three separate texts. POxy 1, a
      fragment of a codex, POxy 654 a scroll and the 8 fragments (6 survive) of
      POxy 655, also a scroll. They range palaeographically from around 200 CE
      (POxy1) to 300 CE. The scope of the oxyrhynchus papyri can be seen at:

      http://www.csad.ox.ac.uk/POxy/frame1.htm

      I am sure that the Grenfel and Hunt paper gives some palaeographic data.
      The fonts of scribal schools were fairly consistent. Attributing any of the
      Thomas fragments to a specific hand of any of the other Oxyrhynchus papyri
      of the same time period would be difficult indeed.