Re: Q. Thomas and Hebrew Matthew

  • Sant Mat Mystic ( James ) santmat@onebox
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2002
      Dear Ron (or anyone reading this):

      Is this Hebrew Matthew posted online somewhere? If not, is the text short
      enough so that it's feasible to scan and upload it to the files page
      of this group?

      I would love to have a look at it. I may end up ordering the translation
      by George Howard at some point.

      How interesting that there might be parallels between this Hebrew Matthew
      and GoT. Of course we already know that a couple of parallels exist between
      Greek Thomas and the Gospel of the Hebrews quoted by Clement of Alexandria:

      "In the Gospel of the Hebrews it is written, 'Whoever marvels will rule
      and whoever rules will rest.'"

      "Those who seek should not stop until they find; when they find, they
      will marvel. When they marvel, they will rule, and when they rule, they
      will rest."

      James