Mark

  • Tom Saunders
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2002
      The Coptic Mark....

      The following is from Easton's Bible Dic.

      "At a later period he (Mark) was with Peter in Babylon (1 Pet. 5:13), then, and for some centuries afterwards, one of the chief seats of Jewish learning; and he was with Timothy in Ephesus when Paul wrote him during his second imprisonment (2 Tim. 4:11). He then disappears from view."

      We know now that Mark founded the Coptic Christian Church in Egypt. The Copts claim to have the oldest surviving Gospel which is written by Mark. I am wondering if those of this group who do translations have looked at this Gospel for comparison? http://www.coptic.net/EncyclopediaCoptica/

      I do not know if the text is available at this site except for a picture of the first page.

      Tom Saunders
      Platter Flats OK