GTH just #109

  • David Stanforth
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14 11:58 AM
      Jesus said. The Kingdom is like a man who had a treasure hidden in his field
      but did not know it. And when he died he left it to his son. The son did not
      know about it either. He took over the field and sold it. The buyer went
      plowing, discovered the treasure, and began to lend money at interest to
      whomeever he wished.

      This passage has nothing to do with physical money (To my understanding at
      least). Instead of looking at it as a field look at it as the man's
      possession. Now think about a possession that could have a treasure in it:a
      bible. Now you'll notice from the scipture that the man did not seek out his
      land. He knew he had it but he thought that just by having it then it would
      be a good thing. Then he died, and passed it onto his son. (Now when my
      father dies, I want his bible too.) His son took it and he knew that if
      something was great and mighty about it, then his father would have told him
      before he died. But his father never sought it out. And the son felt that it
      was unnesseccary for him to check out his land, because he just wants to
      follow his father's lead. So after while He gave his "bible" to another man
      who (we really don't know but could have) could have heard about it from
      somewhere and was hungry for it. So that man got the land. and right off he
      started plowing. He started searching the Word. He started Seeking God's
      face, so to speak. Then he found the treasure. Now he wasn't a fool. He knew
      what to do with the money. He knew he couldn't keep it for himself. So he
      shared the gospel. He shared his treasure to whomever he wished.

      David B. Stanforth

      Mount Vernon Nazarene College, OH