Mathaiias

  • Tom Saunders
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2002
      The following is from Thomas the Contender.....

      "The secret words that the savior spoke to Judas Thomas which I, even I, Mathaias, wrote down, while I was walking, listening to them speak with one another. "

      Could the reference here to 'Mathaias' actually be a reference to Matthew? I believe this reference is made in the times Jesus was around the Sea of Galilee. If so can this be a case for Matthew having
      written other things like the 'Q" and possibly the first Gospel or at least a predecessor to it. (them)?

      Tom