Re: [GTh] GThomas Concordance?

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
      At 12:46 AM 2/4/02 EDT, rhubbard@... wrote:
      >On Sat, 02 Feb 2002 11:34:13 -0500 "Stephen C. Carlson" wrote:
      >> If it is Mellen Press, the book is priced with university libraries
      >> in mind, who can spend more for books than individuals.
      >
      >I figured as much. Nevertheless, I'm curious what this thing looks like.
      >Have you actually had a chance to examine it? In particular, since it
      >says "computer generated, does this mean it is transliterated or does it
      >use Coptic script?

      I don't know anything about this book, but looking at
      the various bookseller websites (inc. allbookstores.com),
      it lists at $89.95, not $269.85, and can be found used
      for $77.

      Stephen Carlson
      --
      Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...
    • Michael Everson
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002
        At 00:46 -0400 2002-02-04, rhubbard@... wrote:
        >On Sat, 02 Feb 2002 11:34:13 -0500 "Stephen C. Carlson" wrote:
        >
        >> If it is Mellen Press, the book is priced with university libraries
        >> in mind, who can spend more for books than individuals.
        >
        >I figured as much. Nevertheless, I'm curious what this thing looks like.
        >Have you actually had a chance to examine it? In particular, since it
        >says "computer generated, does this mean it is transliterated or does it
        >use Coptic script?

        The Gospel isn't even that long. How do you get 182 pages out of
        computer-analysing it?
        --
        Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com