Re: [GTh] GThomas Concordance?

  • rhubbard@midmaine.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
      On Sat, 02 Feb 2002 11:34:13 -0500 "Stephen C. Carlson" wrote:

      > If it is Mellen Press, the book is priced with university libraries
      > in mind, who can spend more for books than individuals.

      I figured as much. Nevertheless, I'm curious what this thing looks like.
      Have you actually had a chance to examine it? In particular, since it
      says "computer generated, does this mean it is transliterated or does it
      use Coptic script?

      Thanks

      Rick Hubbard
      Humble Maine Woodsman
    • Stephen C. Carlson
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
        At 12:46 AM 2/4/02 EDT, rhubbard@... wrote:
        >On Sat, 02 Feb 2002 11:34:13 -0500 "Stephen C. Carlson" wrote:
        >> If it is Mellen Press, the book is priced with university libraries
        >> in mind, who can spend more for books than individuals.
        >
        >I figured as much. Nevertheless, I'm curious what this thing looks like.
        >Have you actually had a chance to examine it? In particular, since it
        >says "computer generated, does this mean it is transliterated or does it
        >use Coptic script?

        I don't know anything about this book, but looking at
        the various bookseller websites (inc. allbookstores.com),
        it lists at $89.95, not $269.85, and can be found used
        for $77.

        Stephen Carlson
        --
        Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...
      • Michael Everson
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002
          At 00:46 -0400 2002-02-04, rhubbard@... wrote:
          >On Sat, 02 Feb 2002 11:34:13 -0500 "Stephen C. Carlson" wrote:
          >
          >> If it is Mellen Press, the book is priced with university libraries
          >> in mind, who can spend more for books than individuals.
          >
          >I figured as much. Nevertheless, I'm curious what this thing looks like.
          >Have you actually had a chance to examine it? In particular, since it
          >says "computer generated, does this mean it is transliterated or does it
          >use Coptic script?

          The Gospel isn't even that long. How do you get 182 pages out of
          computer-analysing it?
          --
          Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com