Re: [GTh] Pantheism

  • Tom Saunders
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2001
      Let me state that I appreciate the scholarship in this group and
      hope I can learn to aspire more to it.

      Pantheism may not be the standard to seek as 'the' comparative model
      because like Gnosticism it falls short of relating what the GoT actually
      tells us. The pitfall is that as soon as I thought that pantheism was a
      better model, too many people (in another group) came up with
      variations on what pantheism is. This is what happens when the
      GoT is assessed to Gnosticism.

      How do you equate what 'ism' is truly appropriate? Are we looking
      at something unique in the explanation of the sayings?

      Tom