RE: [GTh] The Mystery of Th61

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2001
      At 08:09 PM 08/24/01 -0400, you wrote:
      > I have no idea where [Davies] would place GTh 20,
      > based on the table in pp150-151 ...

      In the lengthy table that occupies most of pp. 150-151, Davies lists only
      those sayings where he finds analogues in at least three of his four
      "chapters". Above that table, however, he defines the "chapters" as:
      A: 2- 37 (36 sayings)
      B: 38- 58 (21 sayings)
      C: 59- 91 (33 sayings)
      D: 92-113 (22 sayings)

      Basically, he took GTh as is and tried to find a pattern to it. He didn't
      consider the possibility of some sayings or sub-sayings being intentionally
      out-of-place, becuz who would, given the lack of any known exemplar of such
      a textual phenomenon?

      >do you mean Line 077 ... or GTh 77? The latter sounds most likely).

      Yep. (I wasn't connecting it with the "living" motif, BTW.) I saw someone
      using 'Ln' for 'logion n', and I thought it might be a neat alternative to
      'Thn'. Apparently not :-)