Living Water

  • Jim Bauer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2001
      > 4. The pair 'thirst/drunkeness' is an example of Bill's point, I think. It
      > depends on whether what one thirsts for and becomes drunk on is of this
      > world or not. It's OK, for example, to be "drunk on the words" or on the
      > "living water".

      Can anyone explain to me exactly what "living water" is supposed to be?
      Water that has been blessed, as in holy water in the RCC? Water considered
      metaphorically as a symbol of something else, like the spirit-world? Or is
      it like the Mandaens who baptize in "Jordan pools" where the water is
      flowing freely, ie. "living"? Assuming (a big assumption) that the Mandaens
      actually were founded by John the Baptist could this be the source for this
      idea in Thomas?

      Jim Bauer