RE: [GTh] "Strata" (was: #77 is authentic Jesus Saying)

  • David C. Hindley
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 19 8:38 PM
      Rick Hubbard says:

      >>It is also instructive to compare "Kloppenborg's Q" with "Mack's Q"
      and to examine those places where they exhibit disagreement/agreement.
      I did that a few months ago and have the tables stored on an Excel
      spreadsheet.<<

      I just did it now for the instructive value. While there are
      agreements there are also disagreements between them, such as the
      level to place 10:16,23-24 and 12:08-12. I hope the following retains
      its formatting (Mack = _Lost Gospel_, Klopp = _Excavating Q_). For the
      "class" I used Mack's Q1, Q2 & Q3, and for Kloppenborg I made up the
      symbols A 1 to A 6 for his six basic structures he is sure are
      fundamental.

      Luke Mack Class Klopp Class
      1 Lost QS1 Q1 S1
      2 Lost QS2 Q3 n/a
      3 03:01-06 QS3 Q2a S2
      4 03:07-09 QS4 Q2a S3
      5 03:16-17 QS5 Q2a S4
      6 04:01-13 QS6 Q3 S6 Late addition
      7 06:20a QS7 Q1 S7
      8 06:20-23 QS8 Q1 S8 A 1
      9 06:23c Interpolation
      10 06:27-35 QS9 Q1 S9 A 1
      11 06:36-38 QS10 Q1 S10 A 1
      12 06:39-40 QS11 Q1 S11 A 1
      13 06:41-42 QS12 Q1 S12 A 1
      14 06:43-45 QS13 Q1 S13 A 1
      15 06:46-49 QS14 Q1 S14 A 1
      16 07:01-10 QS15 Q2a S15
      17 07:18-23 QS16 Q2a S16
      18 07:24-28 QS17 Q2a S17
      19 n/a S18
      20 n/a S19
      21 07:31-35 QS18 Q2a S20
      22 09:57-62 QS19 Q1 S21 A 2
      23 10:01-11 QS20 Q1 S22 A 2
      24 10:12 QS21 Q2a n/a Interpolation
      25 10:13-15 QS22 Q2a S23 Interpolation
      26 10:16 QS23 Q2b S24 A 2
      27 10:21-22 QS24 Q3 S25 Insertion
      28 10:23-24 QS25 Q2b S26 A 2 ?
      29 11:01-04 QS26 Q1 S27 A 3
      30 11:09-13 QS27 Q1 S28 A 3
      31 11:14-23 QS28 Q2a S29
      32 11:23 QS29 Q2b n/a
      33 11:24-26 QS30 Q2b S30
      34 11:27-28 QS31 Q3 S31
      35 11:16,29-32 QS32 Q2a S32
      36 11:33-35 QS33 Q2b S33
      37 11:39-52 QS34 Q2a S34 11:42c late
      38 12:02-03 QS35 Q1 S35 A 4
      39 12:04-07 QS36 Q1 S36 A 4
      40 12:08-09,10 Interpolation
      41 12:08-12 QS37 Q2b S37-9 A 4
      42 12:13-21 QS38 Q1 S40
      43 12:22-31 QS39 Q1 S41 A 5
      44 12:33-34 QS40 Q1 S42 A 5
      45 n/a S43
      46 12:39-40 QS41 Q2a S44
      47 12:42-46 QS42 Q2a S45
      48 12:49-53 QS43 Q2a S46
      49 12:54-56 QS44 Q2a S47
      50 12:57-59 QS45 Q2a S48
      51 13:18-21 QS46 Q1 S49 A 6
      52 13:24-27 QS47 Q2a S50
      53 13:28-30 QS48 Q2a S51
      54 13:34-35 QS49 Q3 S52
      55 n/a S53
      56 14:11;18:14 QS50 Q1 S54
      57 14:16-24 QS51 Q1 S55
      58 14:26-27;17:33 QS52 Q1 S56 A 6
      59 14:34-35 QS53 Q1 S57 A 6
      60 15:04-10 QS54 Q2b S58-59
      61 16:13 QS55 Q2b S60
      62 16:16-18 QS56 Q3 S61 16:17 late
      63 17:01-02 QS57 Q2b S62
      64 17:03-04 QS58 Q2b S63
      65 17:06 QS59 Q2b S64
      66 n/a S65
      67 17:23-37 QS60 Q2a S66
      68 19:11-27 QS61 Q2a S67
      69 22:28-30 QS62 Q3 S68

      It seems to me that Kloppenborg is much more guarded in identifying
      relationships between redactions than Mack was, although he feels that
      the finished product was rather sophisticated. However, Mack
      definitely places a lot more of Q in the early level than does
      Kloppenborg.

      >>If anyone wants to take a peek at the comparison, let me know and
      I'll send the file directly<<

      I think that would be grand! What sources did you consult? Does any of
      Kloppenborg's work actually outline "levels" like Mack does, or is a
      comparison between them sort of like that between apples and oranges?

      Respectfully,

      Dave Hindley
      Cleveland, Ohio, USA