Re: [GTh] The mustard seed

  • Tom Saunders
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2001
      > The mathematician Leibnitz, who did a lot of work on calculus, published an
      > essay called "Monadology". He believed the whole universe is contained in
      > every part & the parts were only differentiated by their relationship to
      > the whole. It is believed he may have been influenced by Eastern religion.
      > Does this sound like what you're getting at?
      >
      > Jim Bauer

      Calculas? I can't even keep my checkbook balanced. My statement comes from
      observation about artistic perspective and how the human mind perceives
      things.

      If you look at a wall with a window and a view, it is not likely you would
      mentally note both the wall, what is on it and what is outside the window
      all at once. You are more likely to note the wall and the window contents
      seperately. If you were suddenly faced with the 'all' and no tunnel or
      limited perspective it is not likely you could do it all at once, even
      given the tools to do so, until you got used to the new perspective.

      Normally only artists try to see the whole wall and the contents of the
      window but this takes practice.

      Tom