Re: [gthom] Zeal of Jesus [Was: "Take your cross" GTh 55]

  • joseph baxter
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2001
      By comparison, Mark's quote of Jesus that a person
      should SHUN parents if they were luke-warm (instead of
      KILLING them), does not sound nearly as bad as it
      did initially.

      I met an Indian saint who told me of similar things he did with his own
      parents. To begin with, it is part of a practice which requires one to give up
      his family identity. Just like Gautama did.

      This saint told me about his own mother. He told her years earlier he would
      see her again at her time of death. So years later she called and he appeared
      and she left in the peace she sought. So the shunning achieved its purpose.

      Joe Baxter