RE: [gthom] Re: [gthomas] The Man Sayings

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2001
      It seems to me that Chris is on to something here. While I certainly don't
      wish to represent myself as an authority on this matter, it might be useful
      to recall that the Coptic language was an adaptation of Hellenistic Greek to
      an Egyptian predecessor. One wonders if the authors/editors/compilers of
      GThom had any sense of the subtleties of whether or not the definite article
      was present in some of the phrases they adopted.

      Nevertheless, it is a rather fascinating phenomenon that Mike has called to
      our attention and could be worth discussing at greater length.

      Rick Hubbard
      Humble Maine Woodsman