The Pair 08 and 107

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 3:08 AM
      This message is in part a test, since the previous message I sent to the group wasn't relayed back to me, but it's also to point out an interesting relationship between Th08 (the wise fisherman) and Th107 (the shepherd with 100 sheep).
      In Th08, the fisherman falls upon (discovers) the largest fish with no trouble,
      and tosses the rest back into the sea. In Th107, the shepherd goes out and
      seeks the largest sheep, eventually falling upon (discovering) it, but after much trouble. Now bearing in mind that the numbering is ours, we may still see here
      the boundaries of a group of 100 sayings (08-107), and one of the interesting
      facts about this group is that there are seven to either side of it (1-7, 108-114).
      If we take this seriously as an intentional structure, we might hypothesize that
      1-7 is "the above" and 108-114 "the below". One way to test whether this was
      indeed an intentional structure might be to see if "the above" and "the below"
      can be made like each other. There are some similarities already evident, as
      well as some curious anomalies, such as that #6 needs #14 (=08+6) to complete it.