Re: [gthomas] Re: Gospel of Thomas, Saying 61

  • Lorna Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
      LLW rely to James questions on light in GT (61):
      My studies to GT are limited so ... I assume GT influenced by 4G and wisdom
      literature..if so, I would like to make the following observations regarding
      use of "light" in 61.

      Compare Jn. 1:4, "in him was life and the life was the light of men" and
      Prov. 20:27, "the human spirit is the lamp of the Lord."
      These two vv. establish a link between "life and light", light in 4G implies
      the revelation which reveals the "life" that is in Jesus.