Re: [gthomas] Early Christian Communites

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27 11:38 PM
      From: "joseph baxter" <joseph@...>
      To: <gthomas@egroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2000 1:26 AM
      Subject: [gthomas] Early Christian Communites

      > At 11:14 AM 8/25/2000 , Jack wrote:
      >
      > >I am still toying the idea that Mark may have been a polemical
      > >response to an Aramaic "proto-John."
      >
      > This would explain quite a bit. Something heartfelt bubbling over
      > early. John late would have the facts down better. So proto-John must
      be
      > early.

      It's my belief, Joe, that Aramaic proto-John pre-dates Mark and that this
      very early narrative is still imbedded, in translational Greek, within the
      larger
      corpus of heavily edited, redacted and restructured Greek 4G. Actually, I
      have been spending some time extracting it and retroverting it back to
      Aramaic.

      Jack

      Jack Kilmon
      jkilmon@...