Stoicism and Thomas

  • Jim Bauer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 4:54 PM
      Stoicism is a Greek philosophy which proclaimed a oneness between all things such that pantheism and materialism were aspects of the same thing. For this reason their ideas resembled the "Two and One" sayings I cited earlier and which Stevan Davies (I think) called "Taoist-sounding." Stoicism certainly was part of the evolution of Xianity in its first several hundred years, so what are the odds of HJ, not to mention the author of Thomas, having some exposure to these ideas?

      Jim Bauer