[gthomas] Re: Christmas, Jesus and Reincarnation

  • Mark Robbins
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 1999
      I think you need to take a lot of pause when considering the parallels
      between John and Thomas. They were talking about the same man, so certainly
      there are going to be some parallels. Apart from that however, the logic
      thins, as the message the two were trying to convey are the antithesis of
      one another. Thomas is filled with hope and compassion, that the future of
      man is not external but internal, needing only to be tapped to be realized.
      John(as in the rest of the Christian Gospels) believes that it is Christ who
      is the impetus, and that only he can bring the coming of the new age.
      Personally, I think that the Christian Gospels are the bastardization of a
      truly wonderful message, one filled with hope love and empathy; contorted to
      reseble just another panacea for the masses.

      Mark Robbins