[gthomas] Re: [76 et.al. GOT] the DOMAIN of HEAVEN is like... margariths

  • ERRJZ@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 1999
      Mike,

      It seems to me that this pearl is a combination of the many places in the
      Bible where it says to seek, Wisdom and Understanding. Wisdom being the
      unpolished pearl, Understanding the "finished" product. Most of the people in
      this forum seem to be very scholarlly. I'm just a truck driver trying to
      figure things out. Einstein was a brilliant man, but he couldn't comprehend
      the simple act of tying his shoe laces. It's like that "circumcision"
      question the forum was talkng about, circumcision of women. That
      "circumcision" has to mean a spiritual circumcision. In Romans 2:29 (KJV)
      Paul talks about "christians" circumcising the spirit. In my short 51 years
      of life, I found that women are more pressed to give up the traditional
      niceties of religions to get at the truth of the matter. Not just religous
      matters, but in most matters. In Galations 1:6, "I marvel that ye are so soon
      removed from him that called you unto the grace of Christ unto another
      gospel." Verses 7 and 8 go on to say, " Which is not another; but there be
      some that trouble you, and would pervert the gosple of Christ. But though we,
      or an angel from heaven, preach any other gosple unto you than that we have
      preached unto you, let him be accursed." Even early on in "christianity"
      people were teaching things differently than the Master did. Some caught on
      and are even with us today. Pagan customs that make us feel good, but do
      nothing to understanding truth of the gosple! Well, that's my 2 cents.

      Love, LTY Gene