[gthomas] Re: Circumcision of the Spirit

  • Pedro Mota Peña
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 1999
      Helo!

      This is the first time I write, so I say now: I'm no english speaker.
      You must excusse my english.

      > Perhaps it is fairly simple. Just as circumcision of the penis
      > "reveals/uncovers" the penis, circumcision of the spirit
      "reveals/uncovers" the
      > spirit. And, as circumcision was, apparently, an act of causing
      cleanliness or
      > cleaning--and having had forskin as a child, I can see where it would
      help--it
      > may be that circumcision, i.e. cleaning, of the spirit is what causes the
      > "revealing/uncovering".

      I think this is the right way to learn from Thomas (and perhaps from all
      Godspels). Things happens on earth "as they are in heaven". Man is made
      liking God. Analogy is the way to understand heaven things.

      All that all of you have said about fisic circumcision means about
      spirit circumcision. It is the sign of the father/Father; it is for
      cleaning/Cleaning; it ....

      I also think that the change fisic/spirit circumcision is the new tribal
      sign, the tribal sign described in Jeremias.

      Pedro Mota