[gthomas] Re: Thomasine Christians

  • Tord Svenson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 1999
      At 10:30 AM 11/13/99 -0600, Paul Miller wrote:
      ----snip -------------
      >There is a quasi-Catholic e group of Thomasine Christians here.
      >http://www.egroups.com/list/thomasines/info.html
      >
      >This is their group description:
      >"This is a list for members of The Thomas Christians, a liberal independent
      >catholic community "without walls". It is also for anyone interested in
      >exploring thomasine theology and the Gospel of Thomas."
      >
      >This is their Thomasine homepage:
      >http://members.aol.com/GHChaplain/thomasines.html
      >
      >I wonder if they are aware of us?
      >
      >Paul Miller
      ------------- Reply --------------
      Paul and friends ---I signed on with the Thomasines and checked the
      archived messages. There were a total of 120 messages from March 9th ---
      when the list was formed --to the present date. That's about 4 messages a
      week. I noticed NOTHING about the GOT in any of the messages. I will try
      to figure out what the "Thomasines" are about. Much of what I saw pertained
      to social justice issues.
      Tord
      .
      .