[gthomas] Kessinger reprints: "1897" Grenfell (& Hunt) edition

  • skirl@dds.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11 11:12 AM
      I don't have time to reply to Wynn Manners questions, I'd
      say, RTFM, preferably "The Gospel of Thomas Homepage" at
      http://home.epix.net/~miser17/Thomas.html for finding these
      kind of questions answered (sigh). But I do have a wee
      customer alert to add regarding the worth of the "Logia
      Iesou" book he mentioned:

      I just called Kessinger in Montana, cuz I wanted to beat
      everyone to that editio princeps of Grenfell and Hunt. But
      ... at the last moment I asked the sales rep why only one
      author was mentioned on their web site and whether it was in
      a mint condition (a steal for, say, $15.00!). It turned out
      that it was better than mint, it was brand new! They
      published it themselves in a "perfect edition", said the
      sales rep. I had overlooked the part that said "Rare
      Esoteric and Masonic REPRINTS" on the web page. Darn, even
      at $8.95 for 20 photo copies, that is a rip off, indeed! I
      wonder if this is legal? Did the original publisher loose
      its copyright already?