[gthomas] No Subject

  • Wynn Manners
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 11, 1999
      Has anyone posting at this list seen a copy of LOGIA IESOU: SAYINGS
      OF OUR LORD FROM AN EARLY GREEK PAPYRUS (1897) as translated by Bernard P.
      Grenfell?

      i see it listed in the Kessinger catalog--but at 20 pages for $8.95
      (PLUS $6.00 postage & handling)--one has to query whether it's really
      WORTH that kind of cost, per page, to peruse it!

      Is this that earlier find of a few pages of what we now call "The Gospel
      According To Thomas"?

      Has the Grenfell translation of "this leaf from a papyrus book written
      about 150 a.d" been put on the Web, anywheres?

      If it *does* duplicate sayings from what we call "The Gospel According To
      Thomas" is there sufficient variation in version or translation to merit
      comparing?

      If anyone can illumine me, on this, Many Thanks!

      ~wynn manners