[gthomas] Re: THE A.L. CALENDAR

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 1999
      >At 07:10 PM 10/11/99 , Mike wrote:
      >Apologies to list members who have had the misfortune of reading the
      >earlier off-topic and error-filled message under this subject title.
      >Unfortunately, we are not able to screen all messages in advance. Rest
      >assured that the subscriber has been removed from the list, and that these
      >messages will be deleted from the archives.
      [Joe Baxter]:
      >Error filled message? A calendar based upon a day with God as being like
      >one thousand years is brilliant imagery. Six days with God, what['s] wrong
      >with that?

      Leave it up to you, Joe, to pick up on a 10-day old message that was
      declared off-topic and try to resurrect it. In addition, you add another
      mistake of your own. The "AL" (Anno Lucifer) calendar is not "based upon a
      day with God as being like one thousand years" - it's based upon adding the
      arbitrary figure of 4000 years to the C.E. calendar. As to "what's wrong
      with that?", I guess we'll find out in about two months, when the "six days
      with God" comes to an end (2000+4000=6000) and nothing happens.

      BTW, there is one item of possible relevance to GThom, viz., Lucifer as the
      "light-bearer". Since God is arguably represented as light in GThom, maybe
      you can find something on-topic to say about Lucifer. Was that name in
      existence in 1st century, e.g.?