[gthomas] No Subject

  • anhang bill
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 1998
      Does anyone know what I am talking about
      when I ask for the author and work by someone who claimes he deciphered a
      new manuscrpit/gospel attributed to an interview with Jesus in the days
      between the presumed resurrection and the "physical abscondin g for
      good?"????
      Hence request author and publisher of same.

    • Jack Kilmon
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 28, 1998
        anhang bill wrote:

        > Does anyone know what I am talking about
        > when I ask for the author and work by someone who claimes he deciphered a
        > new manuscrpit/gospel attributed to an interview with Jesus in the days
        > between the presumed resurrection and the "physical abscondin g for
        > good?"????
        > Hence request author and publisher of same.

        I think the interview was with Elvis (g) In the meantime, I will confine my
        discussions to Coptic and POxy Thomas...if that's OK with everyone.

        Jack

      • anhang bill
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 31, 1998
          >anhang bill wrote:
          >
          >> Does anyone know what I am talking about
          >> when I ask for the author and work by someone who claimes he deciphered a
          >> new manuscrpit/gospel attributed to an interview with Jesus in the days
          >> between the presumed resurrection and the "physical abscondin g for
          >> good?"????
          >> Hence request author and publisher of same.
          >
          >I think the interview was with Elvis (g) In the meantime, I will confine my
          >discussions to Coptic and POxy Thomas...if that's OK with everyone.
          >
          >Jack

          THANKS JACK, BUT WHO IS ELVIS (g) and how do I follow it up? ?as
          there was a press release and obviously I did the wrong thing and lost it.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 11, 1999
                unsubscribe

          • laurac@ix.netcom.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 1999
              Hi, my name is Keith
              I'm looking for someone who can alleviate my fears regarding
              passage 44 (the one about blasphemy against the wholy spirit). A long
              time ago I committed this sin and now it worries me. I know that in
              Mark and Matthew it WAS NOT in the context of cursing or swearing, but
              it still bothers me. It surprised me when I saw it in the GThomas,
              because the rest of the book seems very non judgemental. It seems to be
              talking about enlightenment, not forgiveness or condemnation. It's as
              though it just didn't belong. Do you know anyone who has special insight
              as to how or why passage 44 was included, or how it's meant to be
              translated. What I'm really looking for is someone who can help give me
              a very precise translation (from the Greek)of what I consider to be it's
              original source: Mark 3:29.

              THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, CAN ANYONE HELP.

            • Ananda Hotai
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 1999
                >From: laurac@...
                >To: gthomas@egroups.com
                >Subject: [gthomas] No Subject
                >Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 22:56:11 -0000
                >

                >Hi, my name is Keith
                > I'm looking for someone who can alleviate my fears regarding
                >passage 44 (the one about blasphemy against the wholy spirit). A long
                >time ago I committed this sin and now it worries me. I know that in
                >Mark and Matthew it WAS NOT in the context of cursing or swearing, but
                >it still bothers me. It surprised me when I saw it in the GThomas,
                >because the rest of the book seems very non judgemental. It seems to be
                >talking about enlightenment, not forgiveness or condemnation. It's as
                >though it just didn't belong. Do you know anyone who has special
                insight
                >as to how or why passage 44 was included, or how it's meant to be
                >translated. What I'm really looking for is someone who can help give me
                >a very precise translation (from the Greek)of what I consider to be
                it's
                >original source: Mark 3:29.
                >
                >THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, CAN ANYONE HELP.

                I am 99.9999% sure you didn't do what you accuse yourself of doing, as I
                am just as reasonably sure that like the rest of the worldly oriented,
                you don't know what the passage really means. No offense.

              • Steve Ybarra
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 9, 1999
                  I would be very pleased to join you list. I look forward to our exchange.

                  Steve

                • Wynn Manners
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 11, 1999
                    Has anyone posting at this list seen a copy of LOGIA IESOU: SAYINGS
                    OF OUR LORD FROM AN EARLY GREEK PAPYRUS (1897) as translated by Bernard P.
                    Grenfell?

                    i see it listed in the Kessinger catalog--but at 20 pages for $8.95
                    (PLUS $6.00 postage & handling)--one has to query whether it's really
                    WORTH that kind of cost, per page, to peruse it!

                    Is this that earlier find of a few pages of what we now call "The Gospel
                    According To Thomas"?

                    Has the Grenfell translation of "this leaf from a papyrus book written
                    about 150 a.d" been put on the Web, anywheres?

                    If it *does* duplicate sayings from what we call "The Gospel According To
                    Thomas" is there sufficient variation in version or translation to merit
                    comparing?

                    If anyone can illumine me, on this, Many Thanks!

                    ~wynn manners