[gthomas] WHAT KNOW YE

  • anhang bill
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 1998
      Seems like this is a unscholarly gang reporting here, so the question is

      > 2 Jesus saith, Let him who seeketh continue seeking until he
      > findeth. When he findeth, he will be troubled at the contemplation
      > of Truth, but when he hath passed through the time of trouble, he
      > will be astonished at the glory of the Light, for the Way of Truth
      > is the pathway to the Eternal Godhead and the price of the
      > beautific vision is the wringing of the soul. He who would rise
      > above all things must descend below all things, for the way to the
      > heights passeth through the depths of anguish which generate the
      > fires of Life. Blessed is the man who hath suffered and found
      > Life. Bologna!!!!!!!!

      is the above a correct quote from the gthomas and is there any evidence
      that Jesus had been a recipient of the "Beatific Vision", as clearly the
      writings imply it, and how many contemporary individuals claim the Vision.
      I just visited a prison and one of the guards seemed to know of it: I was
      reluctant to cross examine him.

    • Jack Kilmon
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 1998
        anhang bill wrote:

        > Seems like this is a unscholarly gang reporting here, so the question is
        >
        > > 2 Jesus saith, Let him who seeketh continue seeking until he
        > > findeth. When he findeth, he will be troubled at the contemplation
        > > of Truth, but when he hath passed through the time of trouble, he
        > > will be astonished at the glory of the Light, for the Way of Truth
        > > is the pathway to the Eternal Godhead and the price of the
        > > beautific vision is the wringing of the soul. He who would rise
        > > above all things must descend below all things, for the way to the
        > > heights passeth through the depths of anguish which generate the
        > > fires of Life. Blessed is the man who hath suffered and found
        > > Life. Bologna!!!!!!!!
        > >
        > is the above a correct quote from the gthomas

        No!

        You can find the most complete Gospel of Thomas material, including
        the complete text at http://www.epix.net/~miser17/thomas.html

        I expect that Stevan's Thomas website will be a "textbook" for this
        forum.

        Jack

      • Andre Boulanger
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 1998
          >You can find the most complete Gospel of Thomas material, including
          >the complete text at http://www.epix.net/~miser17/thomas.html
          >
          >I expect that Stevan's Thomas website will be a "textbook" for this
          >forum.
          >
          >Jack

          I've already placed it among the favorites of my system.

          Andre
          Phoenix AZ