[gthomas] mind/body

  • Robert Tessman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 1999
      I should also add that the 'New Age' idea of the inseperability of the body
      and mind is also MODERN. It comes from the East to the West but is
      embraced by the west as an argument to Descartes Idea of their seperate
      natures. I do not think that the GOT writers saw the mind and body as
      totaly oposite entites as Descartes believed, but neither do I think it is
      then acceptible then go the New Age route and claim the writters to be
      supporting an inseperable 'oneness' of the two. Although they did not know
      Descartes, we cannot assume they knew a New Age reaction to his theories
      either.