[gthomas] BWG Translation

  • Paul Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 1999
      Segment of Saying 61

      5 Therefore I say: If someone becomes { like } ( God ), he will become full
      of light. But if he becomes one, seperated ( from God), he will become full
      of darkness.

      Yep, the more I look at this translation the less I like it. This one smells
      of creeping orthodoxy.

      Segment of Saying 65

      1 He said: "A [ usurer ] owned a vineyard."

      In the footnotes it states: "The lacuna in the manuscript also allows the
      restoration of "[gracious (or: good)] person."
      When I looked at BWG's pick of usurer to fill the lacuna I initially didn't
      like it, but then I thought of the talents (Matt. 25:14-30) and I thought
      well even a blind hog will turn up an acorn once in awhile. :)

      Paul Miller