[gthomas] Re: Dragging Mariam

  • Patterson, Steve by way of Mike Grondin
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 22, 1999
      Dear Thom-Folk:
      The Berlin group thought that the verb connoted "drawing" or "pulling." I
      make it policy never to argue with their knowledge of the Coptic language.
      In this case, their problem was with the English language. I suggested
      "draw her in" as the appropriate way to capture their sense of the word in
      English.
      Yours,
      Steve P.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 1999
        "Patterson, Steve (by way of Mike Grondin )" wrote:

        > Dear Thom-Folk:
        > The Berlin group thought that the verb connoted "drawing" or "pulling." I
        > make it policy never to argue with their knowledge of the Coptic language.
        > In this case, their problem was with the English language. I suggested
        > "draw her in" as the appropriate way to capture their sense of the word in
        > English.

        What was the German translation of the
        Coptic?

        Jim