[gthomas] Re: The Big Fish

  • Tord Svenson
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7, 1999
      At 05:26 PM 4/18/99 -0500, Stevan Davies wrote:
      >>. He threw all the
      >> little fish back into the sea, and easily chose the large fish. Whoever has
      >> ears to hear ought to listen!
      >>
      >> So what is the big fish, and what are the little fish?
      >
      >Easy. It's the same thing as the Pearl and the Big Sheep
      >and the Treasure (although the Mt. 13 version is to be preferred
      >for that one).
      >
      >So what's the Big Fish, Sheep, Pearl, Treasure.
      >
      >Answer: Kingdom of the Father.
      >
      >What's the Kingdom of the Father?
      >
      >Everybody in the world knows but me.
      >
      >Steve
      --------------- Reply ------------
      Steve --- There is nothing more familiar than not knowing. The GOT Jesus
      seemed to feel that he could catch about one in a thousand or two in ten
      thousand in his net. If everyone knows and you do not -- then you are solitary
      -------------------
      49) Jesus said, "Blessed are the solitary and elect, for you will find the
      Kingdom. For you are from it, and to it you will return."
      --------------------
      What is it that you are from? "I don't know --- but I would like to know."
      These questions trouble us --and they appear to be endless. How would the
      GOT Jesus counsel us to find the answer?
      -----------------
      2) Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When
      he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be
      astonished, and he will rule over the All."
      --------------------
      The astonishment grows out of seeking and being troubled. "Everybody in the
      world knows but me." --- contains in it the idea that you appear to be
      somehow chosen NOT to know --but to know that everyone else knows :-) They
      carry on as if they didn't know --but they know. That is a particularly
      troubling idea that --if followed with some vigor --could easily lead to
      astonishment. You ask any of the "everybody" to tell you what they know
      and compare what they know with what you don't know :-) --which is what you
      are doing during much of your conscious existence.

      I also feel that everyone in the world knows but me --therefore you know
      what I don't know.

      That understood -- don't wait for me --- you eat the Big Fish while it is
      still fresh.
      Tord

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/gthomas