[gthomas] Nag Hammadi texts online

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 1999
      With respect to TPM, Jim Bauer refers to one site, Paul Miller to another.
      Having worked with the managers of both sites, I believe I can shed some
      light on the relationship between them. Paul Miller refers to a text
      accessible from http://home.sol.no/~noetic/Hotlist.html. This is a
      Norwegian site run by Terje Bergersen, which was the original home of the
      first set of NHLe online texts. At some point in time, several years ago,
      Terje agreed that his gnostic texts could be made available at
      http://www.webcom.com/~gnosis/, which is run by Lance Owens, of the
      University of Utah. Subsequently, I worked with Lance to edit the original
      texts, and to add many others not at that point online. Being also in
      contact with Terje, I sent the new (and newly-edited) texts to him as well,
      and he posted them on his site.

      Both sites contain a great many texts, both NHLe and others. I don't know
      how much overlap there is in general, but I do know that the NHLe texts
      themselves are virtually identical. The last year or so, Terje has not
      seemed to have done a lot of work with his site, so I would say that
      Lance's is currently the more active site, and will probably remain so. I
      myself am currently working on the last two NHLe texts not yet online, and
      these will appear on Lance's site first, so I would recommend that site as
      being the more up-to-date at any given point in time.

      Mike
      The Coptic GThomas, saying-by-saying

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/gthomas