[gthomas] Re: Gospel on SBS

  • Jim Bauer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 1999
      On Sat, 1 May 1999 spacejunior@... wrote:

      > Last night (Fri 30th April) on sbs (Australia) there was an excellent introductory program (made in about 97) to the gospel.
      > I am a student of European studies at Monash uni in Victoria Australia, and am currently doing a essay on Gregory of Palamas. Arrgh!
      > More difficult than i thought he would be!
      > I have a keen interest in the Nag Hammadi codices, and have read some of them at my old university. Unfortunately Monash doesn't seem to have any copies of them..... perhaps they're hiding!
      > I am also interested in the "Thunder, Perfect Mind" piece.
      > Looking forard to further dicourse....
      > Khrystene

      Here's a good web-site on the Gnostic religion:
      http://www.webcom.com/~gnosis/

      They have their own search engine, and you can restrict it to the Nag
      Hammadi codices alone, should you choose to do so.

      "The womb of the body is inside, but the womb of the spirit is outside,
      like a male organ." Forgot which scripture that came from, but it
      shouldn't be that hard to find on the webcom search index. Anyone care to
      comment on the psychology of the last piece? Sounds terminally Freudian
      and like something Elaine Pagels would see as ancestral to modern
      feminism.