[gthomas] Re: Gospel on SBS

    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 1999
      Must have been some program, Khrystene! I noticed a big jump in my website
      traffic the last two days, and I see now that our egroup has five new
      members today, all from down under!

      Mike

      ------------------------------------
      The Coptic GThomas, saying-by-saying

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/gthomas
    • Jim Bauer
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 1999
        On Sat, 1 May 1999 spacejunior@... wrote:

        > Last night (Fri 30th April) on sbs (Australia) there was an excellent introductory program (made in about 97) to the gospel.
        > I am a student of European studies at Monash uni in Victoria Australia, and am currently doing a essay on Gregory of Palamas. Arrgh!
        > More difficult than i thought he would be!
        > I have a keen interest in the Nag Hammadi codices, and have read some of them at my old university. Unfortunately Monash doesn't seem to have any copies of them..... perhaps they're hiding!
        > I am also interested in the "Thunder, Perfect Mind" piece.
        > Looking forard to further dicourse....
        > Khrystene

        Here's a good web-site on the Gnostic religion:
        http://www.webcom.com/~gnosis/

        They have their own search engine, and you can restrict it to the Nag
        Hammadi codices alone, should you choose to do so.

        "The womb of the body is inside, but the womb of the spirit is outside,
        like a male organ." Forgot which scripture that came from, but it
        shouldn't be that hard to find on the webcom search index. Anyone care to
        comment on the psychology of the last piece? Sounds terminally Freudian
        and like something Elaine Pagels would see as ancestral to modern
        feminism.