Th16.3 & John's Prologue

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2013
      If I counted right yesterday, John's Prologue (Jn1:1-18) contains 252 words.
      That's 14x18. (The 18 is significant cuz that's the value of IH, the older
      nominum sacrum for 'Jesus'.) The terms used most often in the prologue
      are 'God' (7 times) and 'light' (6). Now putting this together with:

      Th 16.3: "Five will come to be in a house, three against two and two against
      three, the Father against the Son and the Son against the Father."

      ... we get 2x7 (God=father) vs. 3x6 (light=son) = 14x18.

      I know, I know: you're amazed beyond words. You can thank me later
      for this iron-clad proof that Thomas knew John (:-).

      Mike
    • Bradley Skene

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2013

          [Bradley Skene]:
          > Is this in the Bible Code?

          Nah. The Bible Code is a complete joke; I'm only half-joking. I really
          do believe that the word-count in John's Prologue was intentional. The
          chance of a random number being evenly divisible by both 18 and 7
          is one in 126 (7x18). I also believe that the number of occurrences of
          'God' and 'light' weren't accidental. (BTW, this supports 'son' over
          'god' as the disputed word in v.18, since there's 7 'god's without it.)
          As I said on FB, "So many biblical scholars; so few ever count anything."

          Mike G.