Accordance and Gth?

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2013

      For the last few days I’ve been toying with the idea of purchasing Accordance which is now available for Microsoft Windows. The prices range from about $50 for the “Starter” package to around $2,000 for the “Ultimate” version (the latter being one that I KNOW I will not buy).

      http://www.accordancebible.com/Collections-Comparison

      Three extra-cost Accordance add-ons are intriguing. One is Plisch’s Gospel of Thomas commentary with Coptic text. Another (again extra cost) add-on is the Coptic New Testament (both Sahidic and Bohairic versions).  Finally NA 28 with critical apparatus can be had as well

      If I opt for the “Original Languages” package I will be into it $299 plus another $170 for the two add-ons. That’s close to $500!

      Before I go crazy, is anyone on this list an Accordance 10 for Windows user and, if so, has any one installed these add-ons and how well do they integrate with the core application?

      Rick Hubbard

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2013

        Rick,

        I don’t use Accordance, but Plisch’s commentary is good.

        Judy Redman

        PhD Candidate

        Humanities and Social Sciences

        University of New England

        ARMIDALE NSW 2351

        Email: jredman2@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2013
          I have his commentary as well so I was pretty pleased to see it available I. The Accordance suite. But what I'd really like to find out from someone is whether or not it "integrates" or if it is just an (expensive) digital book. I'm already more than a little nervous about spending that kind of $$ for the Accordance application itself in the first place so I sure don't want to be throwing money away. There's a bunch of other stuff that is pretty intriguing as well :
          The Anchor Bible Dictionary
          All 48 Volumes of Hermeneia
          TDNT
          Even the Critical edition of Q!