New Blog: André Gagné

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2013
      André Gagné, Prof. of Early Christian Literature and History at Concordia
      University in Montreal, recently (Sept 7th) initiated a new biblioblog at:

      Gagné was first mentioned here on May 31st in connection with an online
      interview he did with Brice Jones on the Gospel of Thomas. In fact, that's
      one of the items on his new blog, about which he writes:

      "Readers can expect posts on the academic study of the New Testament,
      Gnosticism and the Nag Hammadi Coptic Texts, and Cognitive Science of Religion."

      A couple points of interest to me were (1) that the site's home image is that of
      p.32 of NH II,2 (end of Ap. John + beginning of Gos. Thom.), and (2) that
      some of Gagné's comments were on issues that struck me as congenial to
      April DeConick's views (Jesus as shaman, e.g.)

      M.Grondin