Re: Gnostic Gospels in Classical Music

  • JamesFrankMcGrath
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2013
      Hi Kayleen! It isn't a Gospel, and so that is presumably why you didn't mention it. But even though you probably are aware of it, at least for the benefit of others I thought I'd mention Gustav Holst's "Hymn of Jesus" which is from the Acts of Thomas. Alan Hovhaness has set some of the Odes of Solomon, and further afield but perhaps still worth mentioning, Joaquin Rodrigo has a setting of some Qumran hymns.

      Thanks for sharing this fascinating project!

      Best wishes,

      James

      Dr. James F. McGrath
      Clarence L. Goodwin Chair in New Testament Language and Literature
      Department of Philosophy & Religion, Butler University
      4600 Sunset Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46208 USA

      http://blue.butler.edu/~jfmcgrat/
      http://www.patheos.com/blogs/exploringourmatrix/