Links of the Day

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2013
      At PEJE IESOUS, Chris Skinner posts the first part of his interview
      with Mark Goodacre about the latter's Thomas book:

      More tangentially to our focus, but relevant insofar as we're interested in
      other sayings-focused early Christian works, is this week's RBL posting:
      Reviews of Dennis MacDonald's Two Shipwrecked Gospels: The Logoi
      of Jesus and Papias's Exposition of Logia about the Lord, by John
      Kloppenborg and James McGrath.

      "MacDonald ... brings together the Farrar and Two Source Hypotheses into
      a synthesis with the testimony of other early Christian writers about the writings
      they knew." (McGrath)

      M. Grondin
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2013
        Mark Goodacre links to several notable online reviews of his Thomas book:
        Having read the linked reviews, I can report that the most critical review is that of Tony
        Burke, and that the reviews of Matt Page and Rafael Rodriguez exhibit the same
        disagreement (some like, some don't) about chapter 10 that we saw on our list.

        Over at Scribd.com, someone has made available a 2003 journal article by Risto Uro:
        This appears to be a personal copy, since it's marked up in places. Its being put online
        may, in fact, be a case of copyright infringement, though I'm not at all sure about that.

        M.Grondin