New Page, New Youtube video

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2012
      The new Youtube video is Bart Ehrman's (2 parts, 15 min each)
      titled "The Coptic Gospel of Thomas". He also has two short
      vids on Gnosticism in CGT (ed comment: ugh). I think all these
      items can be accessed via this link:
      (I haven't listened to them all yet, so I can't add any comments.)

      The new page is mine. Actually, it's an outgrowth of an old page
      that wasn't very useful. Long ago, in a galaxy far away, I had made
      a list of resource materials that I'd used, and posted it on my site.
      I updated it from time to time, but wasn't happy that anyone who
      wanted to get one of the listed books had to do too much work
      themselves to find it - and also had no idea at the outset how much
      it cost. The link to Mark's new book on his blog provided an
      answer. Having figured out how to do it, I spent most of yesterday
      adding such links to my resources page. Having finished this,
      however, it seemed that there was a natural split between materials
      mainly focusing on Thomas, and materials focusing on the Nag
      Hammadi find as a whole. So I divided the old page and made a new
      one: "A Selection of Gospel of Thomas Books in English, 1983-2012":

      Nominations for inclusion/exclusion are hereby open, but it should
      be noted that the current list is a selection of books that I have and
      have found useful. There are some I've never obtained, because their
      cost hasn't seemed to me commensurate with their personal usefulness,
      and others I have but didn't list for one reason or another. There is still,
      however, the possibility that I simply forgot some. At any rate, feedback
      offlist or on, for either the above page or its companion

      Mike Grondin
    • Mark Goodacre
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2012
        The Bart Ehrman Youtube link looks like a pirate to me.  It's uploaded apparently without permission by someone called "Wisdom of the Aeons".  These videos are released commercially at http://www.thegreatcourses.com/tgc/courses/course_detail.aspx?cid=6593. All best, Mark

        On 6 November 2012 16:34, Mike Grondin <mwgrondin@...> wrote:

[...]

        Mark Goodacre
        Duke University
        Department of Religion
        Gray Building / Box 90964
        Durham, NC 27708-0964    USA
        Phone: 919-660-3503        Fax: 919-660-3530

        http://www.markgoodacre.org

      • Mark Goodacre