Arnal on Hedrick

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2012
      Bill Arnal has a nice review of Hedrick's new book on Thomas in the latest RBL:

      Charles W. Hedrick
      Unlocking the Secrets of the Gospel according to Thomas: A Radical Faith for a New Age
      http://www.bookreviews.org/bookdetail.asp?TitleId=8459
      Reviewed by William Arnal

      Mark

      --
      Mark Goodacre
      Duke University

      http://www.markgoodacre.org

    • E Bruce Brooks
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2012

        Indeed he does, and I too just finished reading it. The review is at points more interesting than I suspect the book will be, though I have ordered the book. Those who want to do likewise, and are not committed to an alternative system, may like to know about this Amazon portal

        http://www.umass.edu/wsp/reference/bookshop.html

        from which Hedrick or any other book may be ordered – or any CD or DVD, or household object, or medicinal item. This particular access point is sponsored by the Warring States Project at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, which among other things supports research in NT as well as more eastern subjects, a work in which students also assist, as funds are available. The Project’s slight commission on sales through the above portal goes toward those expenses.

        The cost to the buyer is not increased, and the Amazon policy of free shipping on orders over $25 (in the US) still obtains. I should add that in the case of Hedrick, Amazon itself does not stock the item, so that the usual $3.99 shipping cost obtains. With Amazon’s small discount on the original price, my order came to $30.99.

        I have a comment on Bill’s review, but will save it for another page.

        Bruce

        E Bruce Brooks

        Warring States Project

        University of Massachusetts at Amherst