A GJW Timeline and Source-Page

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2012
      The last couple days, I've been working on a GJW page to add to
      my website. How it came about was that I was getting frustrated
      keeping track of a handful of internet sources that I found myself
      accessing again and again. I hadn't been adding them to my favorites
      list at the time, because it wasn't yet clear which would be major and
      which could be safely ignored. Going back now, and with a lot of
      trouble, I was able to create a GJW favorites folder for myself, but
      then it occurred to me that I might save other folks from having to do
      the same thing by posting a GJW page with selective links to items
      that I myself was continually re-accessing.

      Well, okay, that was the start of it. But the bare links without order
      or commentary didn't seem to do it. I wanted also to capture some
      of the excitement of the story-within-a-story sequence of events that
      resulted in what I now call the Watson/Bernhard thesis. How did
      that thesis develop, how was it received, what was its effect? Those
      are the questions I asked myself, and tried to answer. The first draft
      of these efforts is at: http://www.gospel-thomas.net/x_gjw.htm. It isn't
      yet linked to my website, nor will it be until I'm satisfied with it.

      The current title is "Ten Days in September: How I Saw the Internet
      Furor Over the Jesus' Wife Fragment", and that's what it is now (barring
      the inevitable memory lapse), but I'd rather that it be more than just a set
      of personal recollections (which may not be all that accurate to begin with),
      so I'm presenting it here first in hopes of drawing comments (offlist or on)
      on how to improve it. Are there important items or names I've left out or
      unimportant ones I've included? Is the time-sequence at least approximately
      right? Is the wording misleading or inaccurate at spots? What should be
      added, changed, deleted? Please do share your thoughts and impressions,
      but bear in mind that I'm not trying to create a comprehensive picture of
      the events of Sept 18-27. That's beyond my knowledge and abilities.

      Thanks,