Monthly Report for 2012.09

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2012
      As is obvious, the GJW fragment controversy has been a boon
      to our list. There had in fact been only one posting (my monthly
      report for August) prior to Tim Staker's notice of GJW on Sept
      18th. Things took off from there, and we ended the month with
      42 postings. That gives us 281 to date this year (an average of
      over 30 per month), which insures that 2012 won't be the lowest
      year on record, and almost certainly not the second-lowest either.

      I'm of course delighted not only with the quantity and quality of
      our postings this past month, but also with the number of con-
      tributors who became involved. In addition to myself (15 msgs),
      we heard from Mark Goodacre and Bob Schacht (5 each), Ian
      Brown and Jack Kilmon (3 each), Andrew Bernhard and Steve
      Oxbrow (2 each), along with single contributions from Andrew
      Criddle, Rick Hubbard, David Hindley, Elio Jucci, Jean DeRoest,
      Wieland Willker, and the afore-mentioned Tim Staker.

      Well-done, all!
      MWG