Re: [GTh] Mark Goodacre's New Book

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
      Many thanks for the mention, Mike.  Eerdmans chose the cover.  It's true that it includes the end of the Apocryphon of John but it is also, as you know the first page of Thomas and so I rather like it, not least because the Incipit is mentioned a lot in the book.  Apologies for the confusing publication dates.  The first one you see listed is the American (Eerdmans) edition.  The second is the British (SPCK) edition, which will come out a little later, and has a different cover.  I will post a few excerpts in my blog in the coming weeks and hope also to begin a series of podcasts on the book.  Thanks again for your interest, Mark

      --
      Mark Goodacre
      Duke University

      http://www.markgoodacre.org

    • Mark Goodacre

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012

          Ah, that explains the two listings (the one had no publisher indicated).
          I wonder, though, if the prices of the two editions remain different, would
          there be any reason to buy the more expensive one? As to the cover, I too
          like it, but I was thinking as I looked at it that the reader might naturally
          assume that the title of Ap.John that shows up right under the book title
          is in fact the title of Thomas.