Re: Reincarnation in the NT?

  • chaptim45
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26 8:04 AM
      --- In gthomas@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Grondin" <mwgrondin@...> wrote:
      > But isn't it also possible that the thinking was that a pre-existing
      > soul never incarnated could sin? (I believe that angels were
      > considered capable of sinning, so why not disembodied souls?)

      Mike,

      Could a pre-existing soul sin? The Book of Wisdom suggests that it could:

      "I was given a sound body to live in because I was already good" (Wis 8:19).

      That is, if there is no previous incarnation, then it would have to be
      the pre-incarnated body that could be good or could sin.

      Tim Staker
      Indianapolis, IN
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26 10:56 AM
        Hi Tim,

        The RSV translation of Wis 8:19-20 gives a slightly different slant:

        "As a child I was by nature well endowed,
        and a good soul fell to my lot,
        or rather, being good, I entered into an undefiled body."