Kingdom vs. rule/reign Re: [GTh] Recent Entries in Judy's Blog

  • chaptim45
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 21 12:18 PM

      Just got a new Kindle Touch and among the first books I downloaded was "The Gospel of Thomas" by Dr. Ann Nyland of New England, Australia.

      She chooses the word "Realm" for mNtero/basileia.  Her comments about this are:

      "The phrase often translated `Kingdom of God' is correctly the Realm where God's way of doing things happens, where God's will is exercised as God wishes"  --Dr. A. Nyland, "The Gospel of Thomas" 2011, loc 253.

      Whether "correctly" translated or not, this is her opinion on the matter.

      By the way, she also includes canonical parallels to the Gospel of Thomas from "The Source" which is her translation of the Bible.

      All of her comments and end-notes in "The Gospel of Thomas" are explanations of the text itself, as she considers herself more of a lexicographer than an theological expositor.

      Tim Staker

      Indianapolis