Re: [GTh] Final GAR

  • Christopher W. Skinner
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2012
      All,

      This question has been pretty decisively settled in recent years. For an overview and helpful conclusion, see the widely cited article by Kelly Iverson, "A Further Word on Final Gar," Catholic Biblical Quarterly 68 (2006): 79-94.

      Regards,

      Chris Skinner

      On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 9:01 AM, keith_yoder <keith_yoder@...> wrote:

      Mike -

      This subject came up on GPG a couple years ago. For what it's worth for GThomas, here are some LXX and one NT examples of final GAR I posted at that time:

      Gen 45:3 - E)TARA/XQHSAN GA/R, "for they were troubled"
      Isa 8:1 - PA/RESTIN GA/R, "for it is near"
      Isa 16:10 - PE/PAUTAI GA/R, "for it has ceased"
      Isa 29:11 - E)SFRA/GISTAI GA/R, "for it is sealed"

      John 13:13 - EI)MI\ GA/R, "...for [so] I-am"

      Keith